The major key to a better future is you. To have more, become more, work
harder on yourself...because the real difference is you.
~ John Rohn ~
Counseling can equip you with the tools you need for your relationship to grow, and can help maintain a feeling of love and intimacy. You can avoid pitfalls that often derail a relationship by learning problem resolution, fair fighting and how to work through disagreements.
I can help with many issues, such as:
Blended Family Issues
Same Sex Partner Conflicts
Although couples usually come to therapy after a conflict, the best time to seek out counseling is before things go awry.
Healthy relationships benefit from counseling sessions just as much as troubled ones.
Some estimates put the divorce rate at greater than 50% for the first marriage and even higher for a second marriage.
The best time to seek out a counselor is before tempers rise.
To avoid conflicts and get the most from your relationships, I can help you...
- Learn new ways to talk with each other rather than at each other.
- Learn to get your point across without anger.
- Find new insights to enhance your relationship.
- Learn how to fight fairly.
- Explore ways to negotiate change effectively.
- Learn how to speak with each other with empathy and compassion.
- Discover how to feel intimate and safe.
- Allow yourself to be vulnerable rather than defensive.
- Develop mutual goals.
- Learn to play together.
It may surprise you that both parties do not necessarily have to attend counseling to improve the relationship. A change in one partner will automatically effect a change in another. If your relationship is in trouble, there is hope. Counseling can give you the tools to work through the crisis and help you come together toward mutual understanding and respect.
*There is no discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. Same-sex couples are welcomed.