Don't be afraid to take a big step. You can't cross a chasm in two large jumps.
~ David Lloyd George ~
Each Family Member Needs Attention…
Each member of your family needs to resolve their issues individually and as a family unit. Each has valid concerns that need to be looked at and resolved in therapy.
For instance, a parent remarrying may need to learn how to face problems head on versus hoping they will work themselves out.
Children from the previous marriage need help to heal the hurt from the divorce.
If your family…
Don't wait until it's too late…
- engages in criticism and blaming behaviors
- sees one family member as the problem
- feels stuck in how things have always been without knowing how to change them
- lacks the understanding of family stages and how to wade through the difficult transitions
…then therapy can help.
- engages in rigid behaviors
- doesn’t allow individual family members to become what they are meant to be
- sticks by outdated family rules
While waiting for the situation to work itself out, things often get a lot worse.
I can help with many issues, such as:
Many times therapy may be helpful for families who are stuck in old behavioral patterns learned from their family of origin.
Therapy helps families learn how to negotiate change effectively.
- Mid-life Support
- Life Issues
- Women's Issues
- Becoming a Step Family
- Getting Along - Generation Gap
- Reframing Family Rules
- Communication Skills
Feel like you are all alone? Feel that no one can relate to what you are going through?
You can move past this common obstacle to overcoming any of life's problems.
Recognizing that there are others going through a similar experience can serve as a means of comfort and support.
A Way to Help Others & Yourself
Group therapy is a counseling tool that helps individuals - in a group setting - work through troubling issues.
It's is a microcosm of the world.
If you can see it and fix it in group therapy, you can fix it in your world.
Find Support in a Safe Environment